On July 13th, 1917, Our Lady appeared to the children of Fatima: Servant of God Lúcia of Fatima, St. Jacintha and St. Francisco. She revealed to them that in the future she would ask for the Reparation of the Five First Saturdays.1
On December 10th, 1925, Our Lady appeared to Sr. Lúcia of Fatima along with a boy who stood over a glowing cloud. Her other hand was over her heart pierced with thorns.1
The boy said, “Have pity on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother which is covered with thorns with which ingrate men pierce it at every moment with no one to make an act of reparation to pull them out.”1
Our Lady then said, “See, my daughter, My Heart surrounded with thorns with which ingrates pierce me at every moment with blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, make sure to console me and announce that all those who for five months, on the first Saturdays, go to confession, receive Communion, say five decades of the Rosary and keep me company for fifteen minutes meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary, with the purpose of making reparation to Me, I promise to assist them at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for the salvation of their souls.”1
The Reason for 5 Saturdays
Our Lord Jesus Christ revealed to Sr. Lúcia on the night between May 29th and May 30th, 1930, that the devotion was held for five first Saturdays to make reparation for the five offenses against His mother’s Immaculate Heart;1 those being:
- Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception
- Blasphemies against her Perpetual Virginity
- Blasphemies against her divine maternity and people’s refusal to accept her as the Mother of all mankind
- Instilling indifference, scorn and even hatred towards Our Lady in the hearts of children
- Direct insults against Her sacred images
You are encouraged to recite this devotion to make reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Our Mother. Our Lady said that for those who complete the devotion, “I promise to assist them at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for the salvation of their souls.”
Before starting, please remember that for the devotion to bear fruit, this devotion must be offered “with the purpose of making reparation to Me [Our Lady]”. Do not complete this devotion for the graces or the merits. Complete this devotion to make reparation to the Immaculate Heart of your Mother who has suffered greatly for mankind.1
Our Lady asked that this devotion be practiced on the First Saturday for five consecutive months.
- To begin this devotion, choose a month to begin this devotion and commit to this practice for five consecutive First Saturdays.
- On the day of the First Saturday:
- Go to confession
- Receive Communion
- Say five decades of the Rosary
- Keep Our Lady company for 15 minutes meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary
Our Lord revealed to Sr. Lúcia1:
- That the confession may be completed on days other than the Saturday as long you receive Communion worthily with the correct intention (reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary).
- If you forget the intention, then you can recall it on your next confession.
- For the meditation, you don’t have to meditate on all of the mysteries. You can meditate on one or several of the mysteries.