Throughout the life of Servant of God, Sr. Maria Marta Chambon, between 1850 and 1907, Our Lord had appeared to her and taught her, bit by bit, the prayers that would form the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds.1, 2
Our Lord said that it was necessary to spread this devotion and it has been recited by the Salesians since it was first taught, including by Blessed Sr. Eusebia Palomino.1
Our Lord further indicated that:
- Near the sick, the following prayer would relieve their soul and body: My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Your Holy Wounds!1
- That any sinner who said the following prayer would experience a conversion: Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls.1
The 15 Promises
Our Lord revealed multiple promises to those who practice this devotion1:
- At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
- Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune.
- Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!
- I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained.
- From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold purified in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds.
- My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins.
- Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart
- In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were.
- When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated.
- There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life
- This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance.
- Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My divine Wounds.
- The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven.
- The soul who during life honored the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her.
- The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church.
- There will be no death for the soul who expire in my Wounds. They give the true life.
The Rosary of the Holy Wounds is recited on the typical 5-decade Rosary.1
Order of Prayers
Begin the chaplet with the following prayers:
O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. (recite on the Crucifix)
+ Amen +
Strong God, holy God, immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. (recite on the first bead after the Crucifix)
+ Amen +
Grace and mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers; cover us with Your Precious Blood. (recite on the second bead after the Crucifix)
+ Amen +
Eternal Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Your only Son; grant us mercy, we beseech You. (recite on the third bead after the Crucifix)
+ Amen, Amen, Amen +
Now, recite the following prayers until you cycle through the entire Rosary:
Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ. To heal the wounds of our souls. (recite on the large beads)
My Jesus, pardon and mercy, through the merits of Your Holy Wounds. (recite on the small beads)
Prayer referenced from Rosary Prayers EU